Jeep made sure that their first compact SUV did not skimp on passenger safety. The safety features included on the jeep Compass includes electronic stability, brake traction control, brake assist, electronic roll mitigation and anti-lock brakes. New owners can also opt for tire pressure monitoring.
The Compass also introduces the Jeep Uconnect system into the market. Uconnect is a system that allows you to utilize your cell phones blue tooth capabilities to listen to conversations via the Compass’s speakers. Uconnect also includes:
- Voice dialing: Allows voice commands to be used to digit-dial the phone
or access pre-stored voice tags
- Audio address book: Enables customers to store up to 32 names, four
numbers per name, for a total of 128 phone numbers
- Emergency calls and towing assistance: Dials 911 or towing assistance
at customer voice command
- Audio-system mute: Mutes the microphone for privacy
- Call transfer: Transfers a call from the Compass’ system to a mobile
- Multilingual: Provides English, French and Spanish language
- Multi-phone recognition: Allows as many as seven phones to be used
within the Compass’ system
While the Compass is cheap, Jeep still has put a lot of thought into the creation of a vehicle with a focus on safety.