These are really awesome bumpers, besides their great feature set below, I think what makes these Jeep Wrangler replacement bumpers really stand out is their design. These things are designed to make the front and rear end’s of your Jeep wrangler slide off obstacles instead of bashing and pounding down on a flat surface.
photo by Mary Adams
- 3/16 inch steel plating with a textured powder coat finish
- 140 lb’s (vs stock bumper at 30 lb’s!)
- Winch mount
- 2 x 1″ D rings
- Recessed turn indicators and Hella fog lamps
- Tapered bumper end design allow it to slide of obstacles
- innovative “knife-edge” design – tapered bumper ends enabled the Jeep to slide off ledges
- excellent rockclearing abilities
- integrated tire carrier rated to 1,250 pounds with a locking pin
- tire carrier will handle up to a 37″ tire.
- vertical hi-lift jack mount. with same thread as the JK’s wheel lug bolts, so you can secure your hi-lift jack with matching wheel locks.
- CB antenna mount,
- two recessed 1″ D-ring mounts
- a 2″ tow receiver
From an article in 4 wheel drive and sport utility magazine. located here